If you are wondering why Tinder Gold is so expensive, this is the perfect article for you.
Most probably, you find Tinder Gold expensive compared to the amount you make or the amount you spend on meeting women. For other people, it’s a steal compared to these amounts.
Below, we’ll explore what Tinder Gold is, how much it costs and whether you should consider it expensive.
What Is Tinder Gold?
Tinder Gold is a paid subscription, which grants you added features to use with your Tinder account.
These features include:
- Unlimited right swipes. With the free edition of Tinder, you’re only given 100 right swipes every 12 hours.
- See when someone likes your profile. You can access a list of profiles who have swiped right on you, and choose whether to match with them or discard them. No need to swipe manually through the pack one person at a time.
- Top Picks. A list of 10 suitable candidates picked for you, based on the information in your profile.
- One free Boost per month. A Boost increases your visibility by up to 10x for 30 minutes.
- Five daily Super Likes. Free users only get one per day.
- Tinder Passport. Change your location and swipe on Tinder users in other parts of the world.
- Rewind. Undo your last swipe. No more accidentally swiping left on a stunner.
How Much Does Tinder Gold Cost?
The price of Tinder Gold may differ depending on what part of the world you live in. Users in less developed countries have reported being able to access Tinder Gold for less than American users.
You can lower your monthly costs if you pay for several months upfront.
As of 2021, U.S users can pay:
- $29.99 for one month
- $112.99 for six months ($18.83 per month)
- $149.99 for twelve months ($12.50 per month)
Your Tinder Gold subscription will renew automatically, until you cancel it in iTunes or the Google Play store.
Why Do People Pay For Tinder Gold?
The main advantage of Tinder Gold is the ability to see everyone who swiped right on your profile.
This will save you a lot of time, compared to swiping through every person in the pack, especially if you’re only granted 100 right swipes per 12 hours.
When you swipe manually through the Tinder pack, there’s no guarantee you’ll ever find all the people who swiped right on you. You’re at the mercy of the Tinder algorithm, which is believed to be somewhat unfair in this regard.
If you’re someone who values your time, you’ll be more than willing to pay to save this time. You could use this saved time to work and earn money, or to engage in any activity more fun than furiously swiping on pictures of people’s faces.
Is Tinder Gold Really Expensive?
Let’s say Tinder Gold landed you two extra dates per month without you having to spend any time on the app? Would you pay $29.99 for that opportunity?
Well, let’s say Tinder Gold landed you the same amount of dates per month, but saved you 30 minutes per day using the app. Would you pay $29.99 for an extra 15 hours of free time every month?
They say time is the most valuable currency we have. They also say time is money…
Of course, there’s no correct answer. It will always be subjective to call anything ‘expensive’.
However, it’s also worth pointing out the law of supply and demand. As long as there are enough people buying the product at a certain price point, it will never be seen as too expensive by the seller.
Tinder Gold is ‘expensive’ because of your opinion.
Perhaps this article has changed your opinion. Maybe it hasn’t.
We recommend it for serious Tinder users, although there are plenty of people who are happy sticking with the free edition.
Im Joe, and I travel the world working as a dating expert, confidence coach, and writer. I have written articles for the web’s most popular dating advice blogs and published two well-received books on dating and relationships. The Thrill Of The Chase is one of the books i’ve written.