In this review, you’ll learn whether Tinder Plus is worth paying for and how many more matches it’s likely to get you.
Tinder Plus will only be worth the money if you already have an attractive profile that’s securing a decent amount of matches. If your profile isn’t securing many matches at all, buying Tinder Plus is unlikely to change much.
Below, you’ll find out what you get with Tinder Plus, how much it costs, how it compares to Tinder Gold and Tinder Platinum, plus why it’s unlikely to change your fortunes if you’re not already securing matches.
What Do You Get With Tinder Plus?
Here are the key selling points of Tinder Plus.
- Unlimited right swipes. You’re only given 100 per day with the free version of Tinder.
- Tinder Passport. Change your location and swipe on Tinder users in other parts of the world.
- Rewind. Undo your last swipe if you made a mistake.
- No adverts. Swipe through other Tinder users only.
The ability to swipe on an unlimited amount of users is arguably the key selling point of Tinder Plus. But will that be as useful as you’re thinking?
It would make logical sense for you to expect to triple your matches if you swipe right on 300 women per 12 hours, instead of 100.
But that’s not the way the Tinder algorithm would appear to work. Although Tinder keeps the inner workings of its algorithm secret, here are some observations that have been made and widely agreed upon.
- The Tinder algorithm tends to push people who liked you towards the top of the pack. So, the more you swipe, the less frequent your instant matches are likely to be.
- It is believed that the algorithm punishes users who swipe right too keenly, as well as those who are swiped left on too often. So, even if you swipe right on 1,000 women, there’s every chance that barely any of them will see your card.
If you have a popular profile that gets a lot of matches with the free edition of Tinder, it might be worth paying to swipe on more than 100 profiles per 12 hours. But if you have an unpopular profile, buying Tinder Plus will most likely only lead to more disappointment.
How Much Does Tinder Plus Cost?
The price of Tinder Plus depends on what part of the world you live in. Poorer countries can often get it for less.
Still, as of July 2021, U.S users can pay:
- $9.99 for one month
- $37.99 for six months ($6.33 per month)
- $49.99 for twelve months ($4.17 per month)
All packages will renew automatically until you cancel them in iTunes or the Google Play store.
Tinder Plus Vs Tinder Gold Vs Tinder Platinum
Tinder Plus is one of three subscriptions available to buy within the app.
- Tinder Plus. $9.99 per month.
- Tinder Gold. $29.99 per month.
- Tinder Platinum. $39.99 per month.
Tinder Gold gives you all the features as Tinder Plus, plus one Boost per month, Top Picks, five daily Super Likes, and the ability to see who swiped right on you.
Tinder Platinum has all the features of Tinder Gold, plus Priority Likes and the ability to send a message alongside your Super Likes. The Priority Likes feature puts Platinum users to the top of the pack for people they swiped right on. So, even if the Tinder algorithm has punished you, it’s extremely likely your profile will be seen by the Tinder users you desire.
We rate both of these features as a lot better value-for money than Tinder Plus. If you’ve got the extra money available, spend it on Tinder Gold or Tinder Platinum.
Tinder Plus Tips
If you do go ahead and buy Tinder Plus, follow these tips to make the most of this feature.
- Remember, it’s widely believed that swiping right too often can lead to your profile being demoted in the pecking order for other users. So, just because you can swipe right on as many profiles as you like, it doesn’t mean you should. Being picky can actually result in you getting more matches.
- Boosts are regarded as better value for money than Tinder Plus, especially if you’re not getting many matches already. This feature will boost the reach of your profile by up to 10x for 30 minutes.
- The Passport feature has been pushed heavily by Tinder for some time now. But, if your goal is to actually meet someone for a date, it’s largely a waste of time and a distraction. The only time it might come in handy is if you’re visiting another city in the near future and want to line up dates before you get there.
- A video-chatting feature was recently introduced to Tinder. But, you’re better off exchanging phone numbers or social media details with your matches and video-chatting there. Men and women tend to be more responsive via SMS, messaging apps or social media, compared to dating apps.
- If you’re not happy with your Tinder Plus membership, you can cancel it within 14 days of purchasing it via the Tinder help page. You can only do this for your first Tinder purchase.
What Should I Do If I Don’t Get Any Matches On Tinder?
If you’re not getting many matches on Tinder, it’s usually because your photos are terrible.
It’s likely you’ll be able to boost your matches by paying for a photoshoot with a professional photographer who specializes in portrait photos. There are more and more photographers popping up who specialize in online dating too. So, have a look to see if there’s one of these in your city.
In most cases, this purchase will get you more matches than a Plus, Gold or Platinum membership.
If you’re still not getting matches with professional photos, you honestly might want to consider focusing on meeting partners in real-life.
In real-life interactions, you can use your personality to attract people, whereas online dating is mostly based on looks.
Tinder is one of the best dating apps out there and you will get more matches by investing in Tinder Plus, Tinder Gold or Tinder Platinum if you already have an attractive profile.
Tinder Plus is the worst of the bunch though. If you’ve got the extra money, it’s recommended to go for Tinder Gold – or, even better, Tinder Platinum.
You’ll get way more bang for your buck with these more-expensive subscriptions.
Im Joe, and I travel the world working as a dating expert, confidence coach, and writer. I have written articles for the web’s most popular dating advice blogs and published two well-received books on dating and relationships. The Thrill Of The Chase is one of the books i’ve written.