Welcome to our review of Tinder Gold. Below, you’ll discover whether it’s likely to be worth the money for you.
Tinder Gold is worth the money if you are interested in seeing and potentially matching with all the people liking you. So, if you are tired of swiping through hundreds of profiles every day to find a match, the gold feature is probably something for you.
Below, you’ll find our full review of Tinder Gold, how to make the most of it and our verdict on whether it’s worth the money.
What Do You Get With Tinder Gold?
Here are the key features you get with Tinder Gold.
- Unlimited right swipes. You only get 100 every 12 hours with the free edition of Tinder.
- See when someone likes your profile. You’ll be presented with a list of people who have liked your profile, and can choose whether to match or discard with them. This essentially means you never have to swipe through the pack to get matches.
- Top Picks. The Tinder algorithm presents you with up to 10 of the most suitable candidates per day based on the information on your profile. Free users can only swipe on one Top Pick per day.
- One free Boost per month. This boosts your visibility by up to 10x for 30 minutes.
- Five daily Super Likes. Free users only get one per day.
- Tinder Passport. You can change your location and swipe on people in other parts of the world.
- Rewind. You can undo your last swipe with this feature.
- No adverts. Swipe through other Tinder users only.
The ability to see a list of people who like your profile is arguably the most useful feature of Tinder Gold, by some distance. It will save you a lot of time (and frustration) of swiping through the pack of potential matches one-by-one.
While the Tinder algorithm sometimes appears to put users who ‘liked’ you towards the top of the pack, it can take a lot of swiping to find them all. Plus, with the free edition of Tinder you’ll never know whether you’ve found every person who swiped right on you. This is a key part of what makes you feel addicted to Tinder, and waste a lot of time swiping on profiles.
If you’re a person who believes in the phrase “time is money”, you may well be willing to spend a bit of cash to avoid having to swipe on hundreds of faces every day.
How Much Does Tinder Gold Cost?
The price of Tinder Gold would appear to differ depending on where you live in the world. Those who live in poorer countries have reported being able to buy Tinder Gold for less money than American users.
No matter where you live, the amount you pay will depend on how many months you buy upfront.
As of July 2021, U.S users can pay:
- $29.99 for one month
- $112.99 for six months ($18.83 per month)
- $149.99 for twelve months ($12.50 per month)
All packages will renew automatically unless you cancel them in iTunes or the Google Play store. The price of Tinder Gold has risen steadily ever since it was introduced, so it might cost more by the time you read this guide.
Tinder Plus Vs Tinder Gold Vs Tinder Platinum
There are three premium packages that Tinder users can choose to purchase.
- Tinder Plus. $9.99 per month.
- Tinder Gold. $29.99 per month.
- Tinder Platinum. $39.99 per month.
Tinder Plus has the same features as Tinder Gold, minus the Top Picks and the ability to see who swiped right on you.
Tinder Platinum has the same features as Tinder Gold, PLUS the ability to send a message along with your Super Like, and Priority Likes. This essentially means the people you swipe right on will see Tinder Platinum users in their pack before anyone else.
The Priority Likes feature is likely to secure you A LOT more matches, provided you have a good profile. As previously mentioned, there’s no guarantee that the Tinder algorithm will show your profile to people you swipe right on. In fact, many experts suggest the algorithm appears to ‘punish’ unpopular profiles or those who engage in dodgy behaviors on the app by pushing them towards the bottom of the pack.
Tinder keeps the finer details of its algorithm secret though, so we won’t speculate on that too much here. However, there is evidence that suggests you’ll be seen less if you swipe right too keenly, or if too many people swipe left on you.
Still, Tinder Platinum would appear to be the most effective way to ensure you’re seen by people you swipe right on, and that’ll be viewed as worth the extra $10/month for a lot of people.
So, Is Tinder Gold Worth It?
Tinder is the most popular dating app in most parts of the world. Countless men and women have been able to arrange dates and find relationships using this app.
However you feel about online dating, it’s hard to disagree that Tinder is one of the best dating apps out there, if only for its huge global user base.
Tinder Gold would appear to be worth the money if:
- you have an attractive profile;
- you want to spend less time swiping on the app.
If you have an attractive profile, you’ll be able to get matches without Tinder Gold, but you’ll have to spend time swiping to find them. If you’re happy with your success and the amount of time you’re spending on the app, you might prefer to keep the money to yourself.
If you’re barely getting any matches with the free edition of Tinder, it’s almost definitely because you have an unattractive profile. Tinder Gold isn’t going to fix this problem. Yes, you can swipe on more people with Tinder Gold, but if you’re getting no success with 100 matches per day, an extra few hundred is unlikely to help you too much. In this case, you’re better off investing the money in a professional photographer to take better photos of you. Either that, or try meeting women face-to-face instead.
Should I buy Tinder Platinum instead?
Tinder Platinum puts your profile to the top of the pack. That’ll surely get you more matches, no matter who you are.
- If you have an attractive profile, you’ll be seen by more people and more people will swipe right on you.
- If you have a profile that has been ‘punished’ by the Tinder algorithm, the Priority Likes feature will fix that problem for you.
Tinder Gold Tips
Here are some tips to help you get the most out of Tinder Gold.
- Remember, it’s widely speculated that right-swiping too often can harm the reach of your profile. With this in mind, you’re often better off ignoring the pack altogether, and only swiping on the users who have already ‘liked’ you.
- You get one free Boost per month with Tinder Gold. It’s widely agreed to be best to use this during peak hours, (6pm – 9pm). You can also buy extra Boosts. The price depends on what country you live in and how many you buy at a time.
- You get five free Super Likes per day. These boost your chances of being seen by and matching with that user, so it’s worth using all of them. It’s often recommended to send them to those who are most your ‘type’, rather than the perfect 10/10 model, who probably receives tons of Super Likes every day and is less likely to care about them. The ‘Top Picks’ section might therefore be a good place to spend your Super Likes.
- The Tinder Passport feature has been heavily marketed by Tinder, especially during the Covid-19 pandemic. However, unless you like online chit-chat that leads nowhere or you’re planning to visit a specific destination in the near future, it’s ultimately pointless. Focus on women you can actually meet without having to book a flight.
- Tinder recently introduced a video-chatting feature. However, it’s widely suggested that you’re better off exchanging phone numbers or social media details with your matches, as people tend to be more responsive on traditional messaging or social media apps.
- If you’re unsatisfied with your Tinder Gold membership, you can cancel it within 14 days of purchasing it. Do this by visiting the Tinder help page. It only works for your first purchase though.
It’s important to remember that Tinder is a business. It is designed to make money, and wants its users to spend as much money as possible.
The good news is: its premium memberships are worth the money if you have a good profile.
Tinder Gold is a worthwhile purchase, although Tinder Platinum is likely to get you even more matches if you can spare the extra $10 per month.
Im Joe, and I travel the world working as a dating expert, confidence coach, and writer. I have written articles for the web’s most popular dating advice blogs and published two well-received books on dating and relationships. The Thrill Of The Chase is one of the books i’ve written.